Friday, March 27, 2015

Bad mom day

I know I've had different mood swings depending on my hormone levels (ie pregnant, nursing, PMSing, or "other"), amount of sleep, kids amount of sleep, how full my love tank is, how distracted I become with technology or with laziness. 
Today is a combo but I think lack of sleep is top rank. Sometimes my husband has to work late and I mean really late. I don't even know what time of the morning he came home maybe 1 or 2? My baby was up at 7 I think, and crying so I was up and moving them. Add in a couple bathroom breaks or waking up because I hear one of the kids and it doesn't add up to much sleep. It's one of those days where I know I'm ready to snap and I'm just trying to make it through the day. 
It's hard. I know the wrong behaviors and yet I do them. I'm not perfect and I'll never be, this side of heaven. But it's days like these that make me feel like a "bad mom". I am struggling to keep my sanity, how can I expect to take valuable moments to train my children. 
Ever had moments where just playful kid behavior gets under your skin... As if you expect them to act like mature adults? Yup that day is today. 

2 Corinthians 12:9King James Version (KJV)

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment