Thursday, June 18, 2015

Children praying for their dad

A few days ago I started our praying for daddy bible lessons based on http://kidsintheword.net/10-verses-kids-pray-dads/

I decided to take one week for each scripture since our kids our young (preschool) and it take a couple days to focus on one scripture. So we are currently praying for daddy to trust in the Lord and not lean on his own understanding. 

I love when the kids ask faith based questions. They have asked at times why daddy doesn't go to church with us and I encourage them to pray for daddy. Tonight for dinner our 5 year old prayed aloud that daddy (who was sitting with us for this meal) would "go to church with us  so he could learn more about Jesus, God and Moses." 

I am not a very organized person so we rarely stay on track with our "schooling" and Bible lessons are no different. So I'm trying at this point to encourage them to be in prayer for daddy based on what scripture says. Who knows if I will stick it out for 10 consecutive weeks. But for now, they are praying for him and that makes my heart glad. 

"Daddy can I tell you the bible verse we learned?" ... "Proverbs 3:5-6... Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" ... I was so glad she remembered the reference to the verse for this week but giggled that she quotes Joshua 1:9 instead :)
After only a few days they need very little help to say proverbs 3:5-6. My heart rejoices. 

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment