Monday, June 22, 2015

Mommy down time.

Tonight I'm thankful to have so many restaurants and stores close to our home. Kids are in bed. I made a run to aldi before they closed at 9. Now I am sitting at Applebee's ready to enjoy half off appetizers - may I suggest the chicken wonton tacos? My husband even likes them and he isn't the bigger coleslaw fan. 

As I sit here I am checking out the weekly ad for a local 24 hour grocery store, since that's where I'm headed next. 
Maybe by the time I get home I will be out of mommy mode and can perhaps clean up some of the basement. 
You see, if I plan to homeschool, which seems to be the way we are headed, I need to get my act together and organize a dedicated space for storing all our educational items. Right now we use the kitchen table for schooling but we have no real storage area upstairs to contain the supplies. 
Anyway, so my downtime is productive time really. Anyone else find themselves in the same boat? Do you feel differently when you return home after being out alone?
Mommy moments, brought to you by Applebee's restaurant. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment